Americans for the Arts’ Executive Leadership Forums are an opportunity for deep learning, reflection, and long-term planning specifically designed for the executive leaders of organizations advancing the cause of the arts at a local level—in particular local arts agencies, arts commissions, arts councils, and multi-arts service organizations.
This year, we are offering two Executive Leadership Forums.
- The Executive Leadership Forum at Sundance, a three and a half day retreat at the Sundance Resort in Utah, will take place Wednesday, September 18 through Saturday, September 21, 2019. This Forum paired with the National Arts Policy Roundtable, is built as a networking retreat and learning experience—deliberately removed from the hub-bub of the world. This Forum has a per-person, all-inclusive cost (excluding flights) of $3,000.
- The second Executive Leadership Forum will be a three and a half day deep dive exploration of Mesa, AZ to take place Wednesday, October 23 through Saturday, October 26, 2019. This Forum is deliberately placed in a mid-sized city with a rich story to tell, and is a great opportunity to enjoy much of the bonding, collaborative learning, and advice of the original Executive Leadership Forum while also exploring exemplary work in practice. This Forum has a per-person, all-inclusive cost (excluding flights) of $2,000.
Learn more about the Executive Leadership Forums by reviewing the brochure.
Both Forums will provide ample opportunity for bonding and exploring best practices and case studies among your peers of local arts executives. At Sundance, the remaining time will be focused on group learning and contemplation. In Mesa, the remaining time will be co-developed with Mesa Arts Center to explore the intricate web of partnerships, collaborations and creative development that is energizing the city.
Both of these excursions are designed with fees that cover ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, and all experiences during your time with us (excluding airfare).
There are a total of 20 available spaces for executive leaders in each Executive Leadership Forum program. Because of the level of interest in previous programs, we have implemented an application process—applicants are asked to fill out the form below, including a 300-word statement on why you wish to attend the Executive Leadership Forum.
Please indicate in your application your first and, if applicable, second choice for Forum—you are not required to express interest in both, and preferences will be taken into account where possible.
If you have any questions, please email Ruby Lopez Haper at email@example.com.
- Deadline to complete application: April 5, 2019
- Notifications of status sent: April 22, 2019
- Deadline to confirm participation/pay deposit ($500): May 15, 2019
- Payment due in full for participation: June 14, 2019
- Arrive at Executive Leadership Forum: 12pm on the Wednesday
- Depart Executive Leadership Forum: no earlier than 3pm on the Saturday